file GUI labels / metamodel classes mapping

7 years 3 weeks ago #660 by michaelp
Hi,

It seems that while the metamodel was updated to fully map the UML2 spec, the GUI still uses labels from the former metamodel, that seems to date from UML 1 (ex : AttributeLink instead of Slot, Part instead of BindableInstance...).

I can only guess it was done this way not to disrupt old-timers, but I find it confusing, eg to find information in the metamodel documentation.

Do you plan to update those labels ? Or could there be a way to switch between UML1 and UML2 labels ?

Thanks

Michaël
Praxeme Institute

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 3 weeks ago #666 by cma
Hi,

Some metamodel classes were effectively not renamed to their UML2 name to maintain ascendant compatibility. The metamodel class names won't be modified in the metamodel documentation, they wouldn't map our metamodel anymore.

However the GUI labels could be renamed in order to be up to date with the OMG UML2 metamodel. It needs a pass on all GUI labels that has not been planned at the present moment.

7 years 3 weeks ago #669 by michaelp
Thanks for the info.

I did notice the mapping between ObUml1Element and IUml2Element in the source code, it's a good way to present a clean "up-to-date" interface while maintaining backward compatibility. Although I'll nevel feel at ease with interfaces that are just meant to expose data structures, I've already seen this pattern in Spring projects.

If there's any way to help (like setting up a wiki page listing the labels to update), I could participate by logging any discrepancy I stumble upon.

Michaël
Praxeme Institute

7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #674 by cma
You may report all labels needing translation by filling a bug report .
I would post a such issue here:
http://forge.modelio.org/projects/modelio-dev-java-app/issues

You just need to create an account on the Modelio forge before posting an issue.

Moderators: cdeebr
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds
^ Back to Top