file Auto save & hide(unmask) feature

1 year 7 months ago #4685 by samo
Hi team,

I am new to the tool.
I have couple of suggestions:
it will be great to have an automatic save feature for the model rather than relying on the manual save of the model.
also I recommend making the Delete of an object just hide it rather than physically deleting the class. At the moment, it deletes the actual class. If someone accidentally (like I did few times) hits the delete button on a class, it is instantly deleted. I think it will be better just to hide it from the model, and if a user wishes to delete the actual class, to do so from the navigation tree.

Thanks
Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #4689 by ebr
Hi samo,

This question about what a delete in a diagram should do often coming back (a delete inside the model tree seems more obvious).
We believe that a good solution does not exist (otherwise we would implement it :P ).
It is more related to a choice.
A delete inside a diagram could hide/mask the selected element but in this case if you really want to delete it you have switch to the model tree and delete the element inside. So you can not work only with the diagrams. You have to switch from on view to another (diagram and model tree) for a basic command..
A delete inside a diagram could delete the selected element but in this case you have to implement a hide/mask command. This allow the user to work more with the diagrams only and that Modelio choice until now...

Concerning the auto save feature, what would be the main interest for you? Usually, users are used to manually save their data (Word, Eclipse, etc.).

In all case, you can ask for these features at forge.modelio.org/projects/modelio3/issues

Best,
EBR

1 year 7 months ago #4698 by samo
Thank you for the reply ! :) I figured out the dilemma of deleting from a diagram, and learned to live with it for now :)
The auto save feature i feel is very useful because, working with models and code/debuging etc. could in some cases cause crashes. Autosave will be good to have. I added it to the feature requests.

Moderators: cdeebr
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds
^ Back to Top