file Entity Relationship Diagram Support

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #386 by porchrat
Hi all.

Once again I don't know if this is in the right place or if this belongs in something like the module development section. If it is in the wrong place I apologise and request that a mod please move it.

I've been looking around but haven't managed to find anything on this. Does Modelio support ERDs or is there perhaps an extension someone has built to add ERD functionality?

Class Diagrams work but they lack things like arcs for some associations that I would like to use.

A loosely connected issue is that I have been trying to use Class Diagrams as an alternative to ERDs but when I try to create a recursive association back to the same class it basically just shows up as an arrow as opposed to the way it traditionally looks in ERDs where the association line curls back on the entity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #388 by chm
Sorry, we do not have a support of ERD. The closest thing we have that might look like arcs is creating a link between two other links...

porchrat wrote: when I try to create a recursive association back to the same class it basically just shows up as an arrow as opposed to the way it traditionally looks in ERDs where the association line curls back on the entity.

This seems to me like a bug fixed in Modelio 2.1. Recursive links were created/unmasked with an invalid path. If you're still on 2.0, the 'redraw link' command from the contextual menu should allow you to bypass the initial problem, and draw the link as you need. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cdeebr
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds
^ Back to Top