lightbulb-o [Closed] Styles at the workspace/global level

5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #2423 by jmfavre
Hi,

If I'm not wrong support for "diagram styles" is currently available only at the project level (through the files in the directory <PROJECT>/data/.config/styles), with obviously possible overloading at the symbol level through the "Symbol" Panel.

It would be nice however to have this feature both at the global (installation) level, and one level lower, at the workspace level. Is there a way to achieve this currently or should we copy and paste files to each project? Indeed, the wiki/documentation itself refers to the "Company Style" in one of the example ;-)

Is there a way to simulate this? Any idea?

In fact I'm using this feature a lot to have "conceptual" style vs. "specfication" style, vs. "implementation" style, showing and hidding different level of details such as visibility, navigation, etc. This is a very nice feature of modelio to be able to control this at once :up

Cheese
Jean-marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #2426 by chm
Hi jmfavre,

you're totaly right, diagram styles are at project level only.

The "installation" styles (also known as factory.settings files in our developement projects) are read only, and no "workspace" level is available.
However, feel free to post a feature request on the Modelio 3 project, it might get into our roadmap someday. :)

By the way, did you notice a style can be set on a specific element OR on the diagram itself to change the default representation when creating/unmasking every model element in it?

As far as I know, the best way to make sure your styles are always deployed is to make a module install them using the diagram API. For example, SysML installs 3 styles at startup .

Of course, it should also be possible to do it with a jython script instead. B)

Hope this helps,

chm
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmfavre

5 years 7 months ago #2449 by jmfavre
thank you very much!!!
In fact, the link you've provided gives a quite nice and solution to this problem. I didn't realized that module could contribute "styles". This is really cool indeed. Thanks for sharing the link :up I'm happy you know ;)
thanks

Moderators: cdeebr
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds
^ Back to Top