file [Fixed] Unexpected Save As dialog when double-clicking elements

2 weeks 2 days ago - 2 days 3 hours ago #6478 by scoenye
My installation of modelio-open-sourcce4.1 has suddenly started throwing up Save As dialog boxes every time I double click on an object in the Model tree, and every time "Edit element ..." is selected from the context menu. The files it tries to save are HTML exports related to the selected object. When opening a project from the workspace, the file is named saveconfig.html, for all other elements, the name is always base.html.

The saveconfig.html dialog comes up twice, but the base.html save attempts increase with the depth in the tree of the element. The count is anywhere from 20 to over 60, for every element I try to edit. This makes Modelio near unusable.

My OS is Devuan unstable. The behavior started after a general OS upgrade about two weeks ago (that brought the kernel up to 5.12 from 5.10). I have purged and reinstalled Modelio and deleted the .modelio directory but the behavior persists. The current Linux kernel version is 5.14.9-2, current versions for the dependencies listed by Modelio are:

libc6: 2.32-4
libatk: 2.36.0-2
libcairo: 1.16.0.5
libgtk2: 2.24.33-2
libglib2: 2.70.0-1+b1
libwebkitgtk-1.0: no longer available but libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 2.34.0-1 is installed.
libxtst6: 2:1.2.3-1
stdc++ 6: 11.2.0-6

Installed Java version is openjdk-11-jre 11.0.12+7-2

All packages are from the official Devuan repository. It looks like there may be a version issue coming up?

I did check the log file but nothing shows up once the GUI is fully loaded. Log level in preferences is set to Trace.

Updated 10/23: the problem magically went away following another update.

One of the files that was being downloaded was platform.ui/rte/js/base.html. This seems to be the CKEditor launcher invoked by the HtmlComposer class. Apparently, something was broken in the interface to webkit2.

The version of libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 is now at 2.34.1-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tmaaabcde
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds
^ Back to Top