file Malformed URL Exception - Username with a blank space did not create a project

3 weeks 2 days ago #5412 by renatohfbranco
Hi fellows,

Well, at first, sorry if it is an already solved problem - I searched everywhere and dindn't find anything that could solve the issue.

My username in Windows has a blank space in it (TI guys choose this way).
I was able to install Modelio without any error and everything looks like to be ok.
But when I click to "Create a New Project", I got the following error:

java.net.MalformedURLException: Illegal character in path at index 21: file:/C:/Users/Renato Branco/.modelio/3.8/.eclipse/configuration.x86_64.os/org.eclipse.osgi/286/0/.cp/
Illegal character in path at index 21: file:/C:/Users/Renato Branco/.modelio/3.8/.eclipse/configuration.x86_64.os/org.eclipse.osgi/286/0/.cp/

As you can see, the problem is related to the blank space in my username "Renato Branco".

What I have to do to solve the issue?

I'm running on Windows 7 Professional, with the updated Java JDK and It is installed the Modelio 3.8.00 (Build 201810021138).

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 weeks 1 day ago #5423 by antoineT
Hello, I had the same problem as you when I tried to create a new project on modelio. The only solution that I was able to find is by downgrading to an earlier version of modelio...
If you go on the download site you should have access to version 3.7 I think. just make sure to uninstall the other verison and it should work fine

I dont know how to stop the error from hapening in version 3.8. You say the error is in the blank space on your username but I know people who have been able to run it no problem even with a space in their username.
The following user(s) said Thank You: renatohfbranco

1 week 6 days ago #5425 by renatohfbranco
antoineT, thanks for the answer. It worked, as you said.
About the blank space, I really don't know if it is the real issue, but the error statement that the software provided pointed to it (as you can see in the URL error statement, if you count to "index 21" in the string, you will find the blank space in the suposed URL - and URLs do not accept blank spaces).
Anyway, it worked on version 3.7.1.
Best wishes!

1 week 4 days ago #5434 by pan
Hi,

This will be fixed on the next release of Modelio.

BR

Moderators: tmaaabcdeebr
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds
^ Back to Top