file XMI import error E205 / IllegalModelManipulationException

1 year 1 week ago #4983 by achim
Thanks for the update.

How was the import successful? Did you experience no errors or did you change something in the XMI or in Modelio?

This is the version I used:
Version 3.7.00
Build: 201711211349
System: win32 (6.1)
Architecture: x86_64

We are working on a large metadata specification (DDI) in a custom tool. We are interested to produce a version in canonical XMI for import in UML tools. This was a test file how it works with Modelio. Modelio would be an interesting because it is freely available. This way people could look at the DDI model in a popular UML. I can test the import of the whole model when we fixed some reference error.

Cheers
Achim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 week ago #4986 by ebr
In fact, right now I changed both the xmi file and Modelio source code.

We can give you some hints concerning the xmi file production but Modelio fixes will be provided in a future version.

Cheers,
EBR

1 year 1 week ago #4988 by achim
I would be interested in the hints regarding the XMI file.

The test file is created according to the rules of Canonical XMI (see Appendix B of XMI 2.5.1, www.omg.org/spec/XMI/2.5.1/ )
The file is validated with the NIST XMI validator according to these rules.

It would be great if Modelio could import XMI files with this flavor.

Cheers,
Achim

1 year 1 week ago #4991 by mkhosravi1994
it is another...when export my project, Modelio create 2 file with XMI format...when i try to import thats file,i have Error E205...i dont know how i can fix it...

files are available at www.mediafire.com/file/iv63x808vs50dxa/project.xmi
www.mediafire.com/file/82ubb71egsjtsy6/J...tensions.profile.xmi

1 year 17 hours ago #5007 by ebr
Dear Achim and mkhosravi1994,

A fix have been made in order to solve your issues.

Due to the short amount of time before the official release of Modelio 3.7.1, this fix has not been included on it but it will be on any future Modelio version.

If needed, I can made an import for you and provide you the result in order to have your feedback on the result.

Cheers,
EBR

11 months 3 weeks ago #5019 by achim
Hi EBR,

Thanks for this. An import is not necessary. We would like just to see if our model can be imported in Modelio as well.

We are using the Canonical XMI format to get the model imported into different UML tools. We tested so far Magicdraw, UModel, Enterprise Architect, and IBM Rational Rhapsody with successful imports. Now we are looking into Eclipse-based tools; Modelio seems to be a great approach.

The model has still some issues regarding the associations. But this should not cause any serious errors with a UML tool. I tried now to import the full model without success.

The model is available as Canonical XMI file (DDI4_PIM_canonical.xmi) at bitbucket.org/wackerow/ddi4_xmi .
This file is validated successful with the NIST XMI validator at validator.omg.org/se-interop/tools/validator .

The import in Modelio resulted in the error message "Failed: file content is not recognized as valid model".

I removed then the XML root element "XMI" and used only 'uml:Model xmi:version="2.1" xmlns:xmi=" schema.omg.org/spec/XMI/2.1 " xmlns:uml=" www.eclipse.org/uml2/3.0.0/UML "' as root element. I saw this in the XMI export of Modelio.
The import resulted in another error: org.modelio.vcore.smkernel.lllegaIModeIManipulationException.

I assume that Modelio has here some limitations, because the file is validated and gets imported successfully into other UML tools.

I hope Modelio can import this file in a future version.

Cheers
Achim

Moderators: tmaaabcdeebr
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds
^ Back to Top