file Aggregation/composition links sometimes "forget" multiplicities on their diagram

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #4920 by Robert Hairgrove
Hello, I just started using Modelio (the open source version) on Linux Ubuntu, and I am very excited to finally find a tool that is so easy to use and supports such an advanced version of UML. A big "thank you" to all developers!

Now to my question: if I create an aggregation or composition link between two classes on a class diagram, the initial multiplicity of 0..1 is shown on both ends. If I change the multiplicity on the "From" side from 0..1 to 1..1, the "1" is displayed as expected.

I can also choose to enter nothing for the "from" (diamond) end because usually this is going to be 1 anyway. If I do this for a composition, I get an error saying that the multiplicity must be 1 for composition, so I change it to min=1 and max=1. But nothing shows on the diagram, although the values are there. Even after saving the project and reopening it again, there is no multiplicity shown on the "from" side in the diagram, although when I choose "Edit element" from the context menu, the values are there (min = 1 and max = 1). Only if I delete the composition and recreate it will it show on the diagram. The multiplicity on the "To" end of the link is displayed properly, although I didn't try all possibilities. The display is also missing if i enter "0..1" on the "From" end, or anything else, after having entered "blank" multiplicity before.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Here are more details about my Modelio version and OS:
- Linux Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (kernel: 4.13.0-32-generic), Architecture: x86_64;
- Java: openjdk version "1.8.0_151"
- Modelio: Version 3.7.00, Build: 201711211349

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #4926 by ffe
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your feedback.

You're right, the multiplicity should not remain hidden in the diagram. This issue has already been fixed for the next Modelio patch.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can use the 'redraw link' command to make the multiplicity appear again.

Hope this helps,
ffe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: tmaaabcdeebr
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds
^ Back to Top