file Error on saving, missing diagrams when re-opening.

5 years 1 month ago #4574 by Hugh
When saving a model with only a few classes + diagram, I get an error message:

An error has occurred. See the log file
C:\Users\Hugh\.modelio\3.6\.eclipse\data.os\.meta\data.log

When I reopen the model, the class definitions are still there, but the diagram is gone. Note I am completely new to modelio (but I do like it ;-)), so I could be doing something wrong here ....

This is my configuration:

Version 3.6.01
Build: 201703061558
System: win32 (10.0)
Architecture: x86_64

See the attached log file for details.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #4577 by pan
Hi Hugh,

Can you share your project with us?

5 years 1 month ago #4578 by Hugh
Thanks for the ultra quick reaction :-)

Sure I can share it, but meanwhile I did move on, recreated the first diagram and added another one. The error on save is still there (last time I saved at least), but the diagrams are still there (thankfully).

So how do I share, make a .zip and mail that somewhere? As it is commercial I can share with the maintainers but not with the whole world ....

5 years 1 month ago #4579 by pan
You can find more information on how to share a project on this post: www.modelio.org/forum/7-general-help/158...-a-problem.html#1588

Sorry but as it is an open source community we cannot restrict the visibility of projects sent to us. If you use a commercial edition of Modelio you could contact the Modeliosoft team and manage that with them, they will keep all data private.

As the problem is occuring on one diagram, I can suggest you to duplicate this project and remove sensitive data and let the erratic diagram in this project then share this project with us.

5 years 1 month ago #4581 by Hugh
Hi, I copied my project and the renamed all diagrams + classes, that should be enough protection - however, when I now save it, the error is gone ... And lo and behold, so is it on the original project. Next time (which I hope will never happen) I will make sure to export a faulty project immediately. Sorry for that.

If you want it, I can still share the anonymous project, but now I see little point in that (you may disagree though).

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #4582 by Hugh
P.S. I do use the open source edition

Moderators: tmaaabcde
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds
^ Back to Top