file Exporting Communication Diagrams to XMI does not work.

3 years 3 weeks ago #4178 by ua138
When trying to export a communication diagram to XMI or UML, I get an empty document:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<uml:Model xmi:version="2.1" xmlns:xmi="http://schema.omg.org/spec/XMI/2.1" xmlns:uml="http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/3.0.0/UML" xmi:id="_UVXl4FmSEeapNsdbIlsp9Q" name="Messages">
  <eAnnotations xmi:id="_UVXl4VmSEeapNsdbIlsp9Q" source="Objing">
    <contents xmi:type="uml:Property" xmi:id="_UVXl4lmSEeapNsdbIlsp9Q" name="exporterVersion">
      <defaultValue xmi:type="uml:LiteralString" xmi:id="_UVXl41mSEeapNsdbIlsp9Q" value="3.0.0"/>
    </contents>
  </eAnnotations>
</uml:Model>

Also, checking the log it says the following:
[03/08/16 17:52:44]: The Modelio element "CollaborationImpl" named "locals" is owned by an element of type "CommunicationInteractionImpl". This is not supported by UML2.

Is there any way I can create XMI from UML diagrams? If not, when would it be possible to have this feature ready? (It is critical for me to be able to have this feature).

Thank you very much in advance for your help, time and patience.

Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago #4188 by pan
It seems this is a bug on exporting CommunicationInteraction objects.
Anyway XMI standard does not deal with diagrams thus XMI export does not support diagrams.
Do you try to import this diagram in another tool?

3 years 2 days ago #4201 by ebr
As mentionned at forge.modelio.org/projects/modelio3-user...50/wiki/Xmi_coverage , XMI export/import does not support Communication diagram.

In fact, Communication diagrams are another view of Sequence diagrams which are supported by XMI. So can still translate your Communication diagrams into Sequence diagrams...

Moderators: tmaaabcdeebr
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds
^ Back to Top