file [Solved] Cannot change attribute type on Class Diagram

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #3335 by mtkona
Hi,

I have a problem in the class diagram. I am not able to change the data type of an attribute of a class (see class_fig_01.jpg). For example, a date field type. I try to change to the type "Date" (see class_fig_02.jpg), but the Modelio always keeps as "String". I am attaching two pictures.

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #3336 by mtkona
Solved.

The problem is that I´m using Modelio 3.3.1 with Java 7. And it requires Java 8.

The problem is that Java 8 is incompatible with Windows XP. And my computer has Windows XP.

4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #3775 by pmalone
I am seeing this exact problem.

Mac OS x - java 8

I downloaded 3.4 and all was working .. at some point I noticed that no longer can i change attribute types to my own classes, either in local package or others ... I cant even change to predefined types other than the defined default type.

If I change the default type to long, then i can only have long. In effect the default type for attributes cannot be changed ...

This is also happening for the default parameter types for operations... cannot change from the default type ..

I removed all traces of 3.4 and rolled back to 3.3.1 stable version. I am still seeing the same issues ...

Anyone with any clues as to what has gone wrong ???? I am on a deadline to finish some class diagrams and I do like this tool, but this issue is making me think i should go back to something like argo ..
Please help!

4 years 8 months ago #3776 by pan
Hi pmalone,

I'm surprised by this behavior.
When you were using Modelio 3.3.1, was it working?

I try to reproduce a scenario without success (on Modelio 3.4.1). Can you confirm that the scenario is OK to reproduce this problem?
- On a diagram, I create a class C1.
- In C1, I create an attribute A1. (By default the type is "string")
- I double-click on A1 so an edition window appears. I replace string by something else (a default type or an existing class present in the model) and click on Enter. At this point the type has been updated in the field?

BR
The following user(s) said Thank You: pmalone

4 years 8 months ago #3779 by pmalone
Ok.. now I feel stupid.

First off thanks for the quick response. Apologies for not writing this reply sooner, but I have been offline most of the day and dealing with a flooded garden all evening.

As you describe it, it DOES work... I was selecting the type, typing in my class name and then hitting "tab" to the next field (Visibilty). When i hit enter, yes the local class persists.

Sorry for the error on my part and thanks you for your help.

Moderators: tmaaabcde
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds
^ Back to Top