file SoaML service interface and port

7 years 10 months ago #3017 by bergtwvd
I am evaluating the (free, open source) SoaML module, but so far I have not been able to create a participant port with a Service Interface attached.

Steps I have done:

1. created service interface diagram
2. added Service Interface "ServiceInterfac1"
3. added Interface consumer and added use relationship from ServiceInterfac1
4. added Interface provider and added realizes relationship from ServiceInterfac1

5. created participant diagram
6. added participant "Participant1"
7. added service port to Participant1
8. added link provided interface to this service port

So far ok.

Now I want to somehow associate ServiceInterfac1 with the service port.
And associate the provided interface on the port with the provider interface of the ServiceInterfac1.
I see no way to do this. Any suggestions?

Another thing I noticed is that for a request port, no "~" is displayed to mark it as a conjugate. Any idea why this is?

Thanks,
Tom van den Berg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #3020 by ebr
Hi Tom,

Which version of SoaML do you use?

Regards,

EBR

7 years 10 months ago #3022 by bergtwvd
I have downloaded the latest, version 3.2.00.9022.

-- Tom

7 years 10 months ago #3023 by bergtwvd
After clicking around I figured out a few things.

To type a port with a ServiceInterface for example, I can do this via the element view of the port element. There I can set the Base to the service interface.

Also, similarly, once I have provided/required interface links set for a port, I need to go to the view elements of the link to set the base value to the interface.

A few notes/questions:

- is this the right way to do all this? Any shorter way?

- once I have set the service interface for a port, I would expect that the tool knows what interfaces I can pick from for the subsequent interface links on the port, and provide me a dropdown. I still need to search and select from available elements in setting the interface. The model checker does minimal checks, so it is easy to make mistakes. Any thoughts on this?

-- Tom

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #3024 by ebr
Hi Tom,

You are right, this is the right way to specify port type/provided interface/required interface and I guess that there is not any shorter way...

Of course some improvements are maybe possible in order to minimize the user effort. Many thanks for the feedback we will discuss about it because I am prettyr sure that other users have different use case.

Regards,

EBR
The following user(s) said Thank You: bergtwvd

Moderators: tmaaabcde
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds
^ Back to Top