file Develop my own code

8 months 2 weeks ago #5586 by rxo39
Hi,

I'm actually working on the open source code of the Modelio free distribution (3.7) and I have some questions. (i use Modelio since a long time, but it is the first time i need to develop on it)

For my needs, i would like to be able to export my UML modelisations (my use cases will be state charts) in a binary file.
To do this, i would like to develop my own module in source code of Modelio, and add my own contextual menu when i select the package(or class) element in the tree model.
But i don't know how to create my own module (eclipse project) and add it in Modelio (to be compile & package with others modules when i execute "mvn package" for exemple)
And i don't know how to add a contextual menu too

Could you help me ?

Thanks by advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 2 weeks ago #5587 by ffe
Hi rxo39

You can follow the process described in the following wiki page .

BR

8 months 2 weeks ago #5588 by rxo39
Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but it is not i would like to do. (not a mdac)
I don't know if it is possible, but i would like to create my project and add it directly in the Modelio source code. And add it in AGGREGATOR pom.xml as module dependency.
My goal is to generate a modelio.exe (with cmd 'mvn package') which contains my own code, without add it by the mdac configuration.
If it is not possible, it doesn't matter, i will continue with the mdac approach.

Other question : when you create a new module, the modelio archetype create a specific new menu like this (see attachment)
Is it possible to have a sub menu of an existing menu instead ? For my needs, i would like a sub menu of Import/Export like this :
Import/Export -> Export -> MyMenuItem

Olivier
Attachments:

7 months 2 weeks ago #5623 by ebr
Hi,

It is of course possible to extend Modelio without using developping a new Modelio module but rather by developping a new Modelio tool.

For this you should take a look at https://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseRCP/article.html . This will give you an idea about Modelio/RCP Eclipse developpement.

Then you can get Modelio source code from https://www.modelio.org/downloads/source-code.html and start you developpement.

Hoping it helps,
EBR

7 months 2 weeks ago #5628 by rxo39
Hi Ebr

Yes i know... it is too bad your answer arrive now...
I found the solution few days after my question

But thanks anyway

7 months 1 week ago #5630 by ebr
Hi again,

Do not forget taht according to Modelio core license, you must publish your "new Modelio" as Open Source.

https://www.modelio.org/about-modelio/license.html

Cheers,
EBR

Moderators: chmcma
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
^ Back to Top