question-circle BUILD Binaries from sources

7 years 10 months ago #387 by ldepitre
Hi,
I would like to build binaries from the archive modelio-cc-core-sources.zip of the 2.1.0 version.
I'm a linux user, my distrib is mageia 1.0

The linux makefile used the environment variable GENROOT and a subfolder toolkit ! This subfolder and the GENROOT variable are not defined.

What do i need to build binaries ?
Could you provided URL to required assets ?

Best regards.
L depitre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #397 by ffe
Hi Ldepitre,

Some makefiles have been fixed today and the modelio-cc-core-sources.zip archive has been uploaded again. So, I recommend you to download again the new modelio-cc-core-sources.zip archive.

You can find the tutorial to compile the modelio library to the following page:
mediawiki.modelio.org/Enhance_the_core#C...ling_the_source_code

7 years 9 months ago #495 by yaugze
Hi,

I tried (and succeeded) to compile the core library on my system (based on FreeBSD) thanks to this tutorial .

After that I downloaded the file modelio-app-sources.zip and imported the eclipse projects as described in the tutorial. Eclipse does not complain about any errors... But I do not know how I can go further... What should I do next to be able to run Modelio?

By the way, is there a tutorial which explains this?

Thanks in advance.
Fabien.

7 years 9 months ago #496 by tma
Hi Fabien,

- Open the product: "PACKAGING/products/modelio-opensource-x86.product".
- Click on the "Launch an Eclipse application" hyperlink.

TMA
Attachments:

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #501 by ffe
Hi Fabien,

Currently, the modelio.plugins environment only manages productions for Ms Windows and GNU/Linux 32-bit. For the environment to manage other platforms, some modification have to be carried out.

The Modelio library was written in C++. It has to be compiled for the target platform. Once you have built the Modelio library, you have to place it in a plugins core fragment. The name of this fragment must start with 'corelib' and then contains the name of the OS, the window system, and finally the architecture (ex: corelib.linux.gtk.x86 or corelib.win32.win32.x86,....). Two fragment currently exist in the modelio.plugins project: corelib.linux.gtk.x86 and corelib.win32.win32.x86 (GNU/linux 32-bit and Ms Windows 32-bit). In your case (based on a Free BSD), you'll probably need to create a specific fragment for your OS. To do so, please follow these steps:

* Go to File -> New -> Other. In the 'Select wizard' window choose: Plug-in Development / Fragment project

* In the 'Fragment Project' window:
- project name : corelib.os.win.arch
(replace "os" by your real name OS, "win" by your real window system and arch by your real architecture)
- uncheck 'Create a java project' in the 'Project Settings' section
- Target platform: Choose Eclipse version 3.7
- click on Next

* In the 'Fragment Content' window:
- ID : corelib.os.win.arch
(replace "os" by your real name OS, "win" by your real window system and arch by your real architecture)
- Version: 2.1.0.qualifier
- Name: Corelib
- Execution Environment: No Execution Environment
- Host Plug-in:
-- Plug-in ID: org.modelio.core
-- Minimum version: 2.1.0
- Click on Finish

* Open the MANIFEST.MF file of your new fragment. In the Overview tab, you must fill in the 'Platform Filter' field. For example, for the GNU/linux 32-bit OS the value will b : (& (osgi.ws=gtk) (osgi.os=linux) (osgi.arch=x86) ) - the brackets are importants

* In the root of your new fragment, create a new folder named lib.
Copy your modelio library into the lib directory.
Open the 'build.properties' of your fragment. In the "Binary Build" part, add the lib folder.
- Go to the "FEATURE - modelio core library" feature and open the feature.xml file. In the Overview tab, you must add your OS, Window system and architecture in the supported Environment fields. In the Plug-ins tab, add your fragment. Don't forget to complete the Plug-in Details fields.

There are some features named 'FEATURE - rcp - os_win_arch...' which refer to the RCP plugins.

* I recommand to you to copy the 'FEATURE - rcp - linux_gtk_x86' with the name 'FEATURE - rcp - OS_win_arch' (replace os, win and arch with your real OS name, window system and architecture).

* In the new feature, open the feature.xml, go to the Overview tab and rename the ID :org.modelio.platform.feature.os.arch.feature (reaplace os.arch by your real OS and architecture).

* Then go to the plug-ins tab. You must remove all the Linux native plugins and add your platform native plugins. Non-exhaustive list of native plug-ins:
- org.eclipse.core.net.linux.x86
- org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.x86
- org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86
- org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86

Now, you can create the product. Go to PACKAGING/products. Duplicate modelio-opensource-x86.product file.
Open your product and go to the Dependencies tab. Remove the org.modelio.platform.feature.linux.x86.feature and org.modelio.platform.feature.win32.x86.feature features and add your rcp feature :org.modelio.platform.feature.os.arch.feature (replace os, win and arch with your real OS name, window system and architecture).

Finally, you can test your Modelio. In your product file, go to the overview tab and click on "Launch an Eclipse application" in the Testing section. If you want to produce a packaging, stay in the same tab, click on "Eclipse Product export wizard" in the Exporting section.

7 years 9 months ago #520 by yaugze
Hi guys,

First thanks for your complete answers. But it doesn't seem to be easy...
I did what ffe said but when I want to launch Modelio it fails (see attachments).

It seems that I have a dependency problem. In some part of project I realize that some paths are absolute path and not relative (like H:\sirius\projects\modelio\modelio.plugins\modelapi\lib\modelapi.jar in modelio.xml)...
Maybe I forgot one.

Moreover on the command line I can see "-os linux -ws gtk -arch x86" which is incorrect in my case. I must have forget to replace linux by freebsd somewhere. Do you have any idea where it could be?

I also remark:
When I type the following command on the workspace "find ./ -name "*org.modelio.api*" I get nothing! Eclipse does not complain any error though.
Any ideas?

best regards.
Fabien

Moderators: chmcma
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
^ Back to Top