lock [Solved] Plugin Usage

8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #700 by mersa
Hey,

thank you ebr for your explanations.
But since i'm working with windows 7, building modelio provides some pitfalls for me. It'll definitely take some time to make this work and i need to figure out whether it's worth the effort.
I really appreciate your help and inform you about further progress.
The topic has been locked.
8 years 4 days ago - 8 years 4 days ago #701 by mersa
Hey again,

i tried to build log4cpp both with cygwin as with the latest visule studio version, without success.
Is there any best practice to build the required libs under windows?

I'm refering to this tutorial:
log4cpp.sourceforge.net/
8 years 4 days ago #702 by ebr
Hi mersa,

As you only change the mda.infra and xmi.internal plugins, I guess you only need to rebuild the java part of Modelio!?

Regards,

EBR
8 years 3 days ago #703 by mersa
That definitely makes sense to me. Of course i don't need the c++ things again.

Anyway, i'm not sure what exactly i need to do now.
I have the 'modelio-app-sources.zip' extracted, switched the workspace to the corresponding plugin folder, set the target platform, imported all plugins, clean, run -> and then i get this error
- loading 'modelio.dll' failed, reason is 'D:\ModelioSources\modelio.plugins\corelib.win32.win32.x86\lib\modelio.dll: Can't find dependent libraries'
java.io.IOException: Unable to load modelio.dll library:

D:\ModelioSources\modelio.plugins\corelib.win32.win32.x86\lib\modelio.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
	at com.modeliosoft.modelio.core.LibModelio.start(Unknown Source)
	at com.modeliosoft.modelio.core.plugin.Activator.start(Activator.java:93)

Where do i recieve the required files?
8 years 3 days ago #704 by chm
Hi mersa,

did you took a look at the building modelio page from Modelio's wiki? If not, it might help you a little about configuring Eclipse.

As you only want to modify the java part of Modelio, you should be able to ignore steps 1 to 5, and take modelio.dll from your existing install of Modelio.

Hope this helps!
8 years 3 days ago - 8 years 3 days ago #705 by mersa
yes, i jumped right to step 6, the libmodelio.dll generated in step 5 is not on hand, but i have the modelio.dll in my installation folder, as in the 'modelio-app-sources.zip'
So the modelio.dll is at
D:\ModelioSources\modelio.plugins\corelib.win32.win32.x86\lib\modelio.dll

the libmodelio mentioned in the wiki is missing. is it the same file as modelio.dll?
what am i doing with the c++ part? I cannot just skip this part, right?

Edit:
So to be clear, i skipped the 'Install the Modelio Core Library' part at step six because i have not generated this file at all. 'Configure Eclipse' is my starting point
Moderators: tmachmaab
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds
^ Back to Top