lock [Solved] Plugin Usage

7 years 11 months ago #607 by mersa
Thank you very much. This looks much better now. I did a mistake at setting up the JRE correctly..
The topic has been locked.
7 years 11 months ago #628 by mersa
Hey,

the problem i´m facing now is probably less a problem with modelio but a basic eclipse/java problem, but most likely you are able to help me anyway.

I get a 'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError', respectivily a 'java.lang.ClassNotFoundException' exceptionthrown by 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.ResourceSet'.

So my question is, how do provide additional classes at runtime? I already tried to add it to my target plattform, but is it better way to deploy this class with the corresponding plugin? Unfortunately i´m not familiar with ant buildfiles, nor did i find any other way to make this class availible.

Again, i would be very thankful for your help.
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #629 by chm
Hello again,

to add classes in a module, you have to package them in your own module .jar file, or use them as an another resource.

Here are the steps to add another .jar at runtime in a Module:
- add your new jar in your module resources path. Let's take 'TemplateModuleProject\resources\lib\mersa.jar' as an example.
- in module.xml, add an entry in the classpath for your new jar:
<classpath>
	<entry path='lib/TemplateModule.jar' />
	<entry path='lib/mersa.jar' />
</classpath>
- in your ant file, make sure the 'package' target zips your resource directory. If you use the example from the tutorial, it should be done already.
<zipfileset dir="resources" prefix="${module.name}" />
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #630 by mersa
Ok, finally i´m able to develop and debug a modelio module, and implementation should be straight forward. Thank you so far.

However, let´s come back to my initial problem and allow me a naive question.
I already have a plugin running fine in eclipse. Isn´t modelio designed to run an eclipse plugin by just putting it into the corresponding plugin directory?
Is it just a matter of missing dependencies or is it an unsuitable procedure overall?
7 years 11 months ago #634 by mersa
7 years 10 months ago #647 by barbe.rousse
Hi,

As Modelio is an eclipse RCP, I guess should be just a matter of eclipse development...

Regards,

BR
Moderators: tmachmaab
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
^ Back to Top