lock [Solved] Plugin Usage

7 years 10 months ago #581 by tma
Hi,

you can find information about module development in the wiki and examples in the forge .
The topic has been locked.
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #583 by mersa
thanks for your quick response :)

the wiki is definitely a good place to start. Anyway, i feel a bit lost..

i attempted to follow the junit example to become aquainted with this topic, and it points out, that obstacles show up very quickly. First question:

where can i obtain the the modelio mdk? Does it ship with modelio? (i´m using the free version). Google doesn´t help.

Edit: ok, forget this question, took a look into the folder of the "modelio.org"-version..
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #584 by chm
Hi mersa,

the Modelio mdk is a directory, part of your Modelio installation path.

Edit: I missed your edit, you already found it. :)
7 years 10 months ago #585 by mersa
Hey, it´s me again

i´m not yet done working trough all the resources given to me. Anyway, i feel like all this is leading away from my initial problem, respectively i hope to find a shortcut in order to save time.
So here are my questions:

Is it possible to adapt an eclipse plugin with (relatively) little effort to let it work with modelio?

And second. Is it possible to define an own view in modelio?
7 years 10 months ago #586 by mersa
ok, let´s make some smaller steps..

i took the templatemoduleproject from the wiki. for my understanding, it already includes everything i need, to run a very basic module.

-session implementation
-mdac implementation
-an (as far as i can see it) correct module.xml
and a "hello"-message dialog

So i didn´t touch the project at all.

Running the ant file produces a .jmdac and a .jar file.
For my understanding, when i import/activate the .jmdac in modelio, it shut show me a menu entry on the project´s contextmenu. But it doesn´t.

Did i make a mistake, or is there a problem in understanding?
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #587 by chm
Hi,

just tried downloading and using the templatemoduleproject from the wiki too.
Had to fill the generated IDs in module.xml to make it deployable, like you did, i guess. (Maybe you forgot a few?)

With the MDA -> "activate/deactivate module" command, you should be able to confirm wheter your module is deployed and active or not.

If active, right clicking on the root of the "Model" view (or any other model element) should display your hello command in a submenu named after your module...
By the way, the module label is defined in the module.properties file.
Moderators: tmachmaab
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds
^ Back to Top