file Adding own modules to the module catalogue

4 years 11 months ago #3232 by ua138
This is the error that gives on Modelio 2.2.2, when trying to add the jmdac file.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #3234 by pan
Hi ua138,

Do you try to deploy a 3.3 module into a Modelio 2.2.2 project? In this case, the module is not compatible. If you want to create a module for Modelio 2.2.2 you have to create a module for Modelio 2 ( How to create a module for Modelio 2 ).

If you create a 3.3 module for Modelio 3, it is possible that you encounter a problem while trying to deploy the module in Modelio 3. To fix this problem, you can read the following discussion: Cannot package module .

Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ua138

4 years 11 months ago #3236 by ua138
Thank you very much for your quick response. It seems like I had a confusion between so many versions. Now I started again the Hello World example using the manual for developing Modelio 3.2.x, Eclipse Luna (with m2Eclipse) and Modelio 3.2.

When I create the new Maven project, I select the 3.2 archetype (As is shown in the image below)

When the project is created it gives some errors in the HelloWorldCommand class. It does not recognize the DefaultModuleContextualCommand, from org.modelio.api.module.commands.DefaultModuleContextualCommand.

I have tried to create a project with the 3.3.0.00 archetype, and it this error does not appear. Nevertheless, when packaging the 3.3.0.00 one, it throws the following error:

[DEBUG] Error releasing shared lock for resolution tracking file: C:\Users\Unai\.m2\repository\org\modelio\MDAKit\resolver-status.properties
java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException
at sun.nio.ch.FileLockImpl.release(Unknown Source)

I am in both cases not touching anything, and trying to compile as the project is created. I have to mention that when following the JUnit example development steps from the guide, in the 3.3.0.00, it asks for the DefaultModuleContextualCommand. Which gives the same error.

Why could this be happening?

Thank you very much in advance.
Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #3237 by pan
It seems that the documentation is not completely uptodate :oops: We have to review it.

The HelloWorldCommand must extend DefaultModuleCommandHandler (import org.modelio.api.module.commands.DefaultModuleCommandHandler) instead of DefaultModuleContextualCommand. It changed from Modelio 3.2 to Modelio 3.3.

For the packaging error, I think 2 processes are accessing the same file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ua138

4 years 11 months ago #3238 by ua138
Thank you very much. This solves many of my doubts.

I believe that my main issue before was not selecting the appropriate archetype. I have tried to use the "module.xml" file from the suggested forum but does not make any difference.

So, finally, with the new changes in DefaultModuleCommandHandler I have managed to package the hello world example. (Only on Eclipse Kepler and Maven (Java EE) Integration for Eclipse WTP (not m2e); with Eclipse Luna still throws the “Cannot find ArtifactResolver with hint: project-cache-aware...NoSuchElementException”).

When it comes to adding it to the module catalogue it works fine in Modelio 2.2.1. Nevertheless, I cannot enable the module, and the status that shows is "Broken".

Why does it say that the module is broken?

Thanks a lot.
Attachments:

4 years 11 months ago #3239 by ua138
I have tried to follow the debug window that executing eclipsec.exe provides in modelio 3.2

I attach the image of the log, and the debug trace. Number 1 indicates the text that creating a new project or opening it causes.

The rest of the text is caused when trying to add my own module.

Attachments:

Moderators: tmachmaab
Time to create page: 0.527 seconds
^ Back to Top