file Contributing a view and model validation capabilities to Modelio

5 years 6 months ago #2940 by dskolovos
Hi,

Is it possible to:

1) contribute a new view (e.g. similar to the Script view) to Modelio through a module?
2) contribute to the validation capabilities of Modelio through a module (i.e. add errors/warnings to the Audit view through Java code)?

If so, any pointers would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Dimitris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 6 months ago #2941 by ebr
Hi Dimitris,

Unfortunatly it is not possible to contribute to Modelio as you want.

Concerning the addition of a new view, the closest available and official contribution is the module property page .
If, according to your need, this is not enough you can take a look at how to create/define/add eclipse plugins but we do not have any support for that.

Concerning new validation capabilities, it is not possible to modify the Audit through a module but you are able to add a command though a module and implement in Java our own audit ...

Hoping it helps,

EBR

5 years 6 months ago #2942 by dskolovos
Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response. Would it make sense to file enhancement requests for these in the bug tracking system? My understanding is that since Modelio is an RCP application, adding new plugins to its /plugins folder is unlikely to have any effect - but I may be wrong.

Thanks,
Dimitris

5 years 6 months ago #2944 by ebr
Hi Dimitris,

Of course it would make sense specially, for me, concerning your second point.

For the first one, I found it a little bit vague...
Eclipse already answer to your need but if want to be able to extent Modelio in a specific way maybe could you describe a little bit more your need.
You want to be able to add a view but what for? Why a property page is not enough for your need? Etc.

Modelio is an RCP application so cpoy and past files into the plugins folder will not be enough you have to define your application with Modelio and your plugins.

Regards,

EBR

5 years 6 months ago #2945 by dskolovos
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I've filed the followng enhancement request:

forge.modelio.org/issues/197

Regarding my second question, to start with, I would like to add a new view which would be similar to the existing Script view (it would contain a text editor and a few commands) but which would support a different scripting language. Please let me know if this makes sense and I can file a separate enhancement request for this.

Cheers,
Dimitris

5 years 6 months ago #2946 by ebr
Hi Dimitris,

So if I well understand your need you will implement a new script engine and you want to be able to add a new view, as Eclipse define it, for the edition of your scripts.
So of course you can ask for this adding view mechanism but right now and for me it is out of the Modelio scope.

What Modelio allows you now is to define a command which will open more or less your view. This latter will not be integrated (in the GUI) as a formal Eclipse view but you should be able to develop all you want (a text editor with some buttons).

Regards,

EBR
The following user(s) said Thank You: aleb

Moderators: tmachmaab
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds
^ Back to Top