file TOGAF Module not Open-Source?

6 years 3 months ago #2595 by ruediklein
Hi,

I am having trouble getting to the open-source version of TOGAF as Modelio tells me, that I keep installing a trial version. Here are my steps:

Modelio Store
www.modeliosoft.com/en/modelio-store/type/free.html
www.modeliosoft.com/en/modelio-store/mod...ect-open-source.html
forge.modelio.org/projects/togaf
forge.modelio.org/projects/togaf-modelio3/files
forge.modelio.org/attachments/download/1...chitect_3.1.01.jmdac

Note that for the last two links there is no mention of open-source.

In Modelio, I add the downloaded .jmdac file first into the catalog, then open a project and add the module from the catalog with the checkbox next to TOGAF checked.

Modelio then tells me something about "Linkage Error ...". After closing the project and opening it again, the modules list shows the TOGAF module without problems, but says "Trial until 4/2/2014".

If you do not offer an open-source module, please refrain from advertising it, since it costs people time and frustration with your product.

Best Regards,

Ruediger Klein
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #2596 by pan
Hi,

If you do not offer an open-source module, please refrain from advertising it, since it costs people time and frustration with your product.

The TOGAF open source module is totally FREE. See the following screenshot:

It is evident that you are not using the TOGAF open source module but the commercial version of this tool. I guess that you have downloaded a commercial solution of Modelio which are packaged with the commercial version of TOGAF.

To make sure to use the TOGAF open source module, please follow these steps:
  1. Remove the TOGAF module from your project

2. Go to menu entry Configuration/Modules catalog...
  3. Remove the module from the catalog

4. Add the TOGAF open source module to the catalog (the one that you have downloaded)
  5. Add it to your project

Let us know if it helps.

BR
Attachments:

6 years 3 months ago #2597 by ruediklein
Thank you for your message. However, the process I used to install the "open-source version" is described in my first posting and includes all of the steps you describe for the installation. Prior to performing these installation steps, I did exactly the uninstallation you described.

"I guess that you have downloaded a commercial solution of Modelio which are packaged with the commercial version of TOGAF."
The Modelio version I installed did not include the TOGAF module and is not the commercial version.

If there are other suggestions, I am very interested. Especially, I am interested to learn, whether the links I provided actually point to an open-source version of the TOGAF module or to the commercial version. It would be helpful to know, whether the link to the commercial version is at all different?

6 years 3 months ago #2598 by pan
The links you provided are correct.

Your screenshot indicates that the module installed in your project is "Togaf Architect by Modeliosoft". The only way to obtain it is to deploy the Togaf module downloaded from the modeliosoft website ( http://www.modeliosoft.com/en/download/download-modules.html#togaf-architect ). This file has a size of 12.25MB (and is hosted on the modeliosoft website).
The open source file has a size of 3.34Mo (and is hosted on the modelio forge).

Can you just check the jmdac file size?

6 years 3 months ago #2599 by pan
Can you send us your project so we can check it?

Moderators: tmachmaab
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds
^ Back to Top