question-circle building/packaging modules with maven, which version?

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #2227 by jmfavre
Hi,
I'm trying to compile, build and package the "almost empty" module provided with the maven archetype 3.0.0 but without too much success :blink: I think that the problem is due to the fact that it is quite hard to get a good combination of eclipse/maven/modelio archetype version.

Here is what I've managed so far (following actually the instructions to build modelio core).
- Download Eclipse SDK 4.3.1
- Install Maven from the Eclipse (actually m2e and slf4j, what one get with eclipse sdk 4.3.1 by clicking on the help menu is m2e version 1.4.0)
- Create a project (called SPEM) from the modelio archetype following exactly the instructions here

Just after and without modifying anything Eclipse displays two errors in the pom.
Line 72 & 79:    <execution>
                   ^^^ 
Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.modelio:modelio-maven-plugin:
 2.2.0.03:module-validation (execution: ModuleValidation, phase: validate)

Is there a "m2e connector" to install? What should we do with this? Is it obsolete?

Then why I try to "build/install" this default project (I've just named it SPEM, skip all part of the tutorial, and end with step), I've got first a warning and an error.
I tried both from within eclipse with m2e, or from outside with the "mvn install" command (version 3.0.5, subsequent versions cause problems).
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building SPEM 0.0.1-9017
[WARNING] The POM for org.modelio:MDAKit:pom:3.0.0.04 is missing, no dependency information available
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- modelio-maven-plugin:2.2.0.03:module-validation (ModuleValidation) @ SPEM ---
[INFO] Updating content of C:\DEV\modelio3-modules\SPEM\src\main\conf\module.xml
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 6.985s
[INFO] Finished at: Sun Nov 10 17:44:49 CET 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/15M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.modelio:modelio-maven-plugin:2.2.0.03:module-validation (ModuleValidation) on project SPEM: [Version]  The Version of module mutch must follow this pattern *.*.** (exemple : 2.1.00) -> [Help 1]

Any help appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #2228 by jmfavre
To continue investigating I removed the <execution> part and managed to build the module and finally obtain a .jmdac. Unfortunately when I try to add it to modelio 3.0.1 component catalog, nothing happen. I tried both by copying the .jmdac file to mdastore, or using the add module. No error messages, nothing.

As I guess that this could be due to version compatibility I took a particular care with metamodel version, and binary version following the indications here which BTW should be adapted to maven (second part, instead of MODULENAMEModule.xml => pom.xml)

Here is what I've put in module.xml
<module
		name="${project.name}"
		version="0.1.01.9017"
		binaryversion="3.0.00.9017"
		licenseRequired="false"
		class="org.modelio.spem.impl.SPEMModule">
Here is what I've put in pom.xml
	<!-- definition -->
	<groupId>org.modelio</groupId>
	<artifactId>SPEM</artifactId>
	<version>0.1.01</version>

The content of the module is just the default content created by maven. If I'm not wrong there are enough elements in it to make it a valid module. I've just called it SPEM as the name of the project. Enclosed the eclipse project for this component which contains the jmdac in the target directory. Since there is no message I don't know what to do :-(
Any idea?

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #2232 by ebr
Hi,

I had tested the whole procedure (described below) and it worked fine for me...
The only things are:
1) My pom.xml still have 2 errors on the execution phase but you can ignore them or set them as ignored under eclipse.
2) I manually change the metamodel version in my pom.xml and module.xml files from 9015 to 9017 but my module works without that change.

My procedure was:
1) Download latest eclipse for Java developers
2) Install under eclipse the m2e connector ( www.eclipse.org/m2e/ )
3) Create a new Maven project
4) Add a remote archetype catalog repository.modelio.org/archetype-catalog.xml
5) Change the module version in the pom.xml file from 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT to 0.0.1
6) build my module thanks to the following command Run as > Maven install available on the pom.xml file
This procedure produced a .jmdac compatible with modelio 3.0.0 and modelio 3.0.01.
I attached the pom and module xml files.

Hoping it helps,
EBR

File Attachment:

File Name: spem.zip
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

Moderators: tmachmaab
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds
^ Back to Top