file API/javadoc/guide 2.2 vs 3.0

7 years 6 months ago #2156 by jmfavre
Hi,
what are the plan/schedule for the evolution of the "Module developer's API guide" ? I mean the javadoc ( javadoc-2.2 , javadoc-3.0 ) and metamodel ( metamodel-2.2 , metamodel-3.0 ) are available as separated versionned artifacts, but will there be an "evolution guide" or so?

Is the plan is to have only one wiki with "new features in 3.0" section and "since XXX" annotations? (I guess so because currently there is no version number in the url of "Module developer's API guide" , and it will be probably too costly to maintain different versions).

In the mean time is there already some document that summarize evolution/changes at the API level? I've just founded "Modelio 3.0: New version of Modelio" page, but it does not covers the nice features that have been added in the API. Ok, I'm having a look at the API directly; but if there is a big picture of what's new somewhere it will be appreciated ;)

Thanks for all kind of information :lol:
jm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 6 months ago #2158 by pan
I moved the topic to the right section. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmfavre

7 years 6 months ago #2181 by jmfavre
I've now found the wiki for modelio3.
Here is the url forge.modelio.org/projects/modelio3/wiki .
Cheese,
Jean-marie

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #2302 by jmfavre
Hi,
Time has passed and I've just realized that modelio 3 documention is still absent from this important core page . The "Module developer's guide and Module developer's API guide" are still pointing to Modelio 2, just like if the documentation was dead which is not a good sign from an open source community. Actually as mentionned before I found the API guide for version 3 after quite some time, just by googling.

Since the documentation is actually existing I would really suggest to add the link below to the page. Something like that or in a nice table.

(Well, this is a selfish request as I would like to use this page in my courses rather than creating another one :) )

Thanks,
Jean-marie

Modelio 2 project wiki
QUICK LINKS

Modelio 3 project wiki
QUICK LINKS

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #2303 by pan
Hi Jean-Marie,

The documentation links are available on these pages:
- http://www.modelio.org/documentation/developer-api.html
- http://www.modelio.org/documentation/user-manuals.html

I think only the module developer's guide link has not been updated. We will update it.

Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmfavre

7 years 5 months ago #2307 by jmfavre
Yes you are right, i've put all the links for convinience and to summarize. What is missing is only the third 3 three for Modelio 3 (the project, the api guide, des guide)
They are very useful resources and I was very happy when I found them.
Many thanks

Moderators: andy
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds
^ Back to Top